German Engineered Perfection
21st century technology, materials and innovation for the world’s finest shade solutions.
- Drop-forged aluminum, steel or stainless steel components vs. cast parts and plastics
- Larger diameter arms provide rigidity for optimal fabric tension
- Larger 85mm fabric rollers keep a taut fabric cover at any extension
- Arm mechanisms with steel-link chains, gas piston technology, and kevlar “Bionic Tendon” vs. weaker, noisy cables
- Teflon-coated bushings provide a smoother, quieter gliding action
- All bolts and screws are corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Laser cut and ultrasonically bonded fabrics reduce fraying, enhance durability and appearance
- Bionic Tendon: Kevlar Bionic Tendon (vs. cables) tested to withstand over 50,000 frictionless and noiseless openings and closings of the arms.
- Nano-Clean Fabrics: dirt, oil and grease wash off easily for many years of brighter, cleaner performance.
- Shade Plus Valance: a drop-down valance from the front profile of the awning provides customized shade and privacy at any time of day.
- Tracfix Technology: enclosed fabric guide system for added stability, wind resistance, blockage of light and aesthetic appeal.
A Visible Difference
Compare a standard awning mounting bracket on the left with a Markilux mounting bracket.